**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Saturday 23 February 2008

That's Entertainment!

What a truly magical weekend it is turning out to be!!


I've just returned from Brucie's 80th birthday bash - Oh, what a night!!! The Senatogen flowed like wine, along with the urine, but fortunately the great man and his cohorts were "bagged up" and so the dance floor stayed dry - as indeed did the private parts of all of his female contemporaries.

I'm sure you can imagine that, in the company of so many showbiz coffin-dodgers and Omega-list celebrities, I felt a little ostracised but I did manage to get to know Brucie's charming wife, Wilnelia. We were thrust together after Bruce handed me his rug to look after while he leapt around doing a particularly vigorous Lambada with
Dame Vera Lynn, and Puerto Rico-born Wilnelia turned out to be fascinating company. Despite her only knowledge of English being the words "me love you long time, five dollar" and "I want to travel and work with children", former Miss World Wilnelia manged to communicate with me by using her lippie to draw rudimentary images on her napkin.
Once her tongue withdrew from my throat, she scrawled out a quite detailed drawing of a penis and then scored it out with a giant, red cross! On the reverse, however, she drew a dollar sign and a big heart and so I was left with the impression that her marriage to "The King of Variety" had its good and bad sides.

Time really flew by and before I knew it the patient transport minibuses were queueing up outside to take everyone home. As I sit here the morning after the night before, wondering how I am going to get the mashed up rusk stains out of my dinner jacket, I can't help marvelling not at HOW Brucie is so full of life as an octogenarian - but WHY!! Nice to see you call it a fucking day eventually, to see you call it a fucking day eventually, nice!

Well, I can't sit around all day - I've got a flight to catch! I've got to be in Los Angeles by tomorrow lunchtime so that I can soak up the atmosphere ahead of THE MOST IMPORTANT NIGHT OF THE ENTIRE YEAR!!!!!! No, it's not the signing of a peace accord
between the Arabs and the Israelis, it's not the resolution of the Iraq war and a guarantee of peace and democracy in the Middle East, it's not even the Second Coming of Christ. No, it's...............the Oscars!!
Oh yes, anyone who thinks that a 36-hour wankfest in which self-obsessed, vacuous, evidently retarded clotheshorses who dress up and pretend to be other people for a living award each other prizes and tell each other how fucking marvellous they are is not REALLY, REALLY IMPORTANT is a fool to themselves!
"...and the silly, little, tacky statuette for the self-professed, earthbound god who best dressed up as someone else and then pranced about playing 'let's pretend' goes to...." I love it!

Why is it that when the "winning" turds skip up on stage and start blubbing as they are handed their ostentatious doorstops they always gush out a completely unwarranted list of people they feel they should thank? You know, the director, my co-star, my school, my mother's vulva? They never actually thank the people they should do - US!!! If it wasn't for US showing superhuman self-restraint by not gunning down these worthless penile warts in the street then they wouldn't be up there advertising Versace and wetting themselves at their own, supposed genius. What I want to know is where the fuck is Osama Bin Laden when you actually fucking want him?

Oh well, you get a complimentary sherry on the way in and a party bag so I suppose I'd better go.

As for Grantham, that is a tricky one. This will have to be my most undefined exile to date. With Brucie, the Oscars and actors in mind, I will send all wankers to Grantham.

7 comments:

fiwa said...

I really can't figure out why anyone gets so excited about the Oscars. I haven't even seen any of the movies that are up for it.

Gin said...

I'm with Fiwa...I don't lust after any of the movies that get "picked". Big freakin' whoop de do! I'd rather watch re-runs of Chevy Chases "Vacation" movies, any day!

Have a safe trip to the good ol' USA...sorry you have to endure the Oscars!

Wankers...haha...the more I read your blog, the more that word is creeping into my everyday vocabulary. It's so...um....perfectly descriptive!

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Did you see the Brits? Me neither, but I'm still furious.

Mark Ronson? Best British act? He doesn't sing, doesn't play an instrument as far as I can tell and his US citizenship came through five days before he picked up his award.

Kylie Minogue, best international act. The Great Rock'n'roll Swindle. Play 'Wow' (pig farmer's pick for worst song since Come On Eileen) then play anything by Alvin and the Chipmunks and I bet you can't tell the diff.

As for all the pubescent eejits' attempts to be "rock'n'roll" by being drunk and mucking about a bit! I've been at more exciting Young Farmers' events.

Rock is dead, film is dead. . . what's next?

FirstNations said...

what a large heap of crap it is, too. i make a point of NOT watching it every year. nobody i know ever wins anyway.

dinahmow said...

Mark Ronson? Inventor of a cigarette lighter?
The best award is applause from an appreciative and entertained audience. That's all.

garfer said...

I note that Daniel(the Method)Day Lewis got in a dig about not having a Knighthood yet.

Luvvie wankers who piss off to Mickland should not expect baubles from our esteemed monarchy.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, haven't seen a single movie on the list. I guess I live under a big rock called Reality.

You should have told me you'd be here. I'd have loved to see the napkin art.

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".