**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Monday 24 November 2008

Oh Darling, What Have You Done?


Once again, we’re all wrong and they’re right!

New Labour’s fiscal fuckwit Captain Darling got up on his cloven hooves in The House today to announce a wizard wheeze he said would get us all out of the clart. I haven’t consulted Hansard yet, but I understand his speech went something like this:

Darling: “Ok, chums, me and the chaps at old Treasury Towers have had a little think and the way we see it is like this. All the proles out there are up to their tits in debt. Am I right or am I right?”

The House, as one: “You’re not wrong, Darling!”

Darling: “Well, if we borrow loads of the jingly and folding stuff to loan to them, they’ll have the necessary to go out and start buying enamel toastracks, Z Boxes, Cliff Richard LPs and all the sort of tat those guttersnipes love and that will get Johnny economy bim-bang-buzzing again.”

The House, somewhat slurred now, but still as one: “Hurrah!”

Darling: “Then everybody who sells things will have oodles of moolah again.”

The House, most of whom are by now swinging from the chandeliers and throwing cans at each other: “Double hurrah!! And who are they who sell things, Darling?”

Darling: “Well……uurrmmmm…..well, all our mates.”

Last member standing: “And thrice hurrah!!!”

Darling: “We’re also going to bring back mortgage tax relief so the proles will start buying houses again.”

Last member kneeling: “You’re a genius, Al. What will happen when loads of them have bought houses?”

Darling: “Well, we’ll scrap the relief again so they'll all be in the clart again. And we’ll also get them to pay back all that money we borrowed for them.”

Last member’s last words: “Won’t that put them even deeper in the clart?"

Darling: “Of course it will, numbskull, but who cares? We probably won’t be around then. If we’re not, the boys and girls in blue over there will have to deal with it. If by some miracle we are still here, we’ll just tell ‘em what we told ‘em when we closed the Post Offices and sold everything off and all that kind of doings.”

Mr Speaker: “What was that? Remind me.”

Darling: “Tough titty fishfaces. We’re in power now so what ya gunna do about it?”


Away from Lalaland, two of the principal problems as I see it are that businesses are having to pull in their horns because the banks won’t lend to them, despite having been given billions by taxpayers to oil the wheels of commerce.

Also, everyone is being crippled by ridiculous and exorbitant energy bills and fuel bills, despite the fact that the price of oil has just fallen to an all-time low. Jesus, a bunch of Somali blokes managed to get a whole tanker-full of the stuff for nothing the other week! Businesses have to pay the rip-off energy charges and so, to survive, they have to pass them onto their customers who are already paying for them at home.

Here’s an idea. Why doesn’t this pathetic regime FORCE the banks to lend? Hell, in most cases it’s OUR money they will be lending to US!!!. Also, why doesn’t it cap energy costs and FORCE the greedy energy companies to reimburse customers for the money they creamed off between the peak in oil prices and its current nadir?

It wouldn't be the answer to everything but, Hell, it would be a start.

5 comments:

Brad said...

I'd like my money back, please.

garfer said...

The most hilarious measure was that lenders shouldn't repossess houses until 3 mortgage payments have been missed. As far as I'm aware the only institution that repossess at the drop of a hat is bastard Northern Rock, which is owned by the Government.

Anonymous said...

Dear bank executives,

A review of your financial situation shows that you currently have a negative balance in your account with us of several squillion pounds.

We would draw your attention the need to set yourself sensible budgets and manage your financial affairs with some prudence. You also need to repay the outstanding balance without delay.

Please note that you have been charged £20,000,000,000 for this letter.

Your sincerely,
BGT
pp. All UK Taxpayers.

Anonymous said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7749195.stm

The useless fuckwits in charge of Noo Labour were apparently hell bent on increasing VAT up until a week ago, when they came up with the brilliant panic measure of reducing it. And there I was thinking that fiscal policy for key elements of our economy would be carefully and strategically planned in the long term. Silly me.

It's like watching some nauseating game show called "Play Your Economy Right". There's Darling on stage, totally puzzled and indecisive, being patronised by dear old Brucie, whilst hordes of baying MPs, business advisers, industry leaders and past and present Governors of the Bank of England sit in the audience and scream themselves hoarse to offer their carefully considered and no doubt invaluable expert advice. "HIGHER!! HIGHER!! Er... no... er... hang on a minute... LOWER!!" Is this, in fact, substantially any different at all from what we hear on the news every single day?

Clearly, nobody has any notion about how this nightmare creation they call our economy is supposed to work, or why it clearly doesn't, or the slightest idea what to do about it. They simply have not got one tiny clue or an iota of competence between the lot of them. Talk about the blind leading the fucking blind. It would be hilarious if I didn't want them all to die quite so badly.

BGT

Anonymous said...

It's almost (I said almost!) enough to make one barrack for the other team.Blair's leftovers are so far from Ny Bevan's ideals, aren't they.
I wonder what has happened to my dear old Premium Bond...

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".