**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Friday 24 November 2006

Interest-Free Loans To Powergen

"Oo, look darling, those wankers at Powergen have stiffed us out of £130 and the interest."

I received my "power invoice" today from Powergen. Paying as I do by monthly direct debit, I never normally read it. I only check the colour and if it's not red it just gets filed in the "Gunna Come In Handy For The Court Case" pile of crap I have amassed in the slightly enlarged airing cupboard I laughingly call my study.
A colonic stirring came upon me after I opened the envelope and, being a man and so unable to just sit and stare silently at the back of the toilet door while nature takes its course, I took it into the loo to read.
Shit!! (no pun intended). Turns out I am £94-something in CREDIT. Not only that, the previous quarter Powergen had been into me for £130-something I had overpaid for gas and lecky used. I double checked the contents of the envelope to find leaflet upon leaflet plugging more ways of bunging the firm cash - but no cheque for the dosh I am owed, let alone the interest accrued on it.
Let's just play role reversal for a moment. Imagine I was busy burning their gas (wasn't it OUR gas once?) and plugging in to tap their electricity (ditto) and ran up a bill of £130 without paying them a brass farthing. Would they let it ride? Would a Powergen letter arrive saying "No sweat Chucklebunny, give us something when you've got it. I know the run-up to Chrimbo is a difficult time. Take it as an interest free loan to tide you over until you're less strapped. Hugs 'n' kisses, the boys and girls at Powergen"? Would it bollocks! Their bloody solicitors would be in the post faster than you can say "Die debtor, die!". You would immediately be plunged into freezing darkness by a flick of a switch at their end and then threats of court action, treatment with leeches, castration and piano wire round the knob would ensue!
What is the resort to justice they offer me? "Oh, chill man (unfortunate choice of words). We'll knock it off your next bill in three months time." In the meantime, no doubt, the capital and interest built up will probably be used to pay bailiffs to evict all the hard-pressed pensioners who fall behind with their payments as they attempt to stop their gonads beginning to ice-over with the onset of winter while surviving on the £4 8s 6d they get from the state in return for the £84 billion they have paid in to the pension pot over the years. There again, the sneakily acquired windfall is probably used to pay for handjobs and "rabbits" for all Powergen's shareholders. They MUST cum first.
Gits! Isn't it time all of Grantham's billing services were run on these lines?

No comments:

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".