**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Wednesday 19 March 2008

The End is Nigh!


I am nearing a life-changing moment. I have big, BIG decisions to make - I just need the courage and the financial wherewithal to make them.

Why? Well, I was tipped to the very edge of the precipice today when my contract at work was suddenly, and without warning, terminated - suspiciously, just after I'd finished getting out the two major publications my employers had wanted me to! Once again, I am out of work and the wolves are circling.

Meanwhile, the depth of the shithole into which this country has sunk since Thatcher began dismantling its society was vividly illustrated by three snippets of news aired today and one action taken by our sick and twisted leaders.

Firstly, there was a debate on the wireless this evening about plans by Harriet Harmon - yes, that totally talentless, vocal cunt on legs which ditched its husband the moment it thought an investigation into his dealings he could harm her career - to discriminate against men, the able-bodied and non-ethnic minorities when it comes to the job market. I have not got this wrong, believe me, but the stupid bitch Harmon is actually trying to push forward a law decreeing that women, disabled people and people from an ethnic minority should be given preference over men, the able-bodied and white people when deciding between equally qualified candidates! Yes, we now have a Government which wants to enshrine its support of racism, sexism and every other "ism" you can think of in law! Meritocracy? Of course Harmon wants to destroy the idea of a meritocracy. Only when that is truly destroyed can she even begin to justify her lofty position in government - no, make that ANY position ANYWHERE!

Next, there was an item on the radio news saying that an investigation was under way into strong suspicions that some fat cat, capitalist vultures were deliberately putting round claims that the banking system was on the verge of collapse - thereby exacerbating the credit crunch which could see thousands lose their homes and face poverty - in an effort to depress the share prices so that they can then snap them up cheap. Capitalism works, don't forget. It is the ONLY way, don't forget. Yeah, like fuck! Doesn't this one little example of what the system is all about speak volumes to all but the socially deaf?

Thirdly, it was further revealed in the news that these New Labour Fascists, while standing by and doing fuck all when huge corporations hire and fire staff at will, want to recruit hundreds more people to the security services to spy on everyone else. Fuck me!! They've already tried to push through the abolition of some jury trials, extended detention without trial to levels unimaginable in the rest of the civilised world, given police such carte blanche powers that they can now not only stop and search again but, for some offences, can impose on the spot punishments without recourse to a defence or a court appearance. Now they want to bolster Big Brother because they don't think he's got a tight enough hold on the rest of us.

Finally, those dipshits in Parliament tonight voted through plans to close down hundreds of Post Offices around the country. The justification? They claim the Post Office is losing money. The fact that many of the branches earmarked for closure are packed out every day of the week is not important. The fact that elderly people - who make up a large part of the customer base - will have to hike to another branch is also not important. Fuck 'em, New Labour says. All that's important is the market and our capitalist, big corporation buddies. How can we let them cream off even more money unless we strip the Post Office to the fucking bone before we flog it off to them?

ALL OF THIS HAPPENED/CAME TO LIGHT ON ONE FUCKING DAY!!!!

I seriously believe this fucking country is beyond any hope of reclamation/salvation. It's just too late to stop the rot - and even if those in Daily Mail land actually wake up and realise what is happening they will be too bothered about getting Jakasta and Jerome to school in their 4x4 gas guzzlers to stop off along the way to vote against it.

Fuck 'em all, I say. Fuck 'em all!!!

4 comments:

Gin said...

Sounds like Great Britain wants to be like the good ol' USA. The only way you can get any help/rights/grants is if you're a Chinese woman with a limp and 12 kids. White men are on the bottom of the proverbial totem pole. Way at the bottom! We white women aren't much higher up but at least we have the woman thing going for us. Not that it does much good. THEY preach at us that skin color, sex, disabilities shouldn't matter, then THEY make it matter!!

Sorry to hear about your job Reg. You're very creative and will find a new and much better one in no time. Or maybe you should just move in with Malc!! He could use some help with those pigs and chickens!!

Vicus Scurra said...

Yes, but apart from that, how are you?

Anonymous said...

We're watching you Pither.

Love

Mi6 x

The Birdwatcher said...

Hang in there Reg, the revolution is just around the corner As long as it doesn't rain of course. Because then we would have to stay in and have a cup of tea instead.

I fear that the people that read, (do you have to read the Daily Mail?) can easily be placated by non stories about royals and the army. Remember what a certain right wing politican said;

"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first make mad"

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".