**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Friday 16 February 2007

The Roll Tax.



One last thing before I go. The following was passed on to me by The Big Green Thing and, as he said, just has to be highlighted.
Apparently, there is only one month left to register your objections to the 'Pay As You Go' road tax being proposed by our New Labour-Old Tory leaders. With a nod to the principles of democracy and consultation, anyone opposed to the idea can sign a petition posted on the Downing Street website. If it attracts 750,000 signatories then the Government says it will abandon this idea (evidently dreamed up by the "oh, I cycle to work and hate cars because I work part-time at my local library and don't have to do a proper job involving travelling anywhere else and my wife lives in London and so uses the Tube and doesn't need a car" brigade).
The petition, as I said, is on the 10 Downing St website but....................and here's New Labour in action for you...................the Blair Bunch hasn't told anyone about it!!!!! It's a belter!!
Currently, only 250,000 people have signed the petition - a third of the total needed to tell the Government to go fuck - and, although this is a pretty hefty total considering its existence is being kept a secret, more names are needed.
Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), you will be sent an e-mail with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition.
Just how appalling is this latest New Labour wheeze to screw even more money out of us to spend on war, NHS consultants (non-medical variety) and armed militia to shoot smokers?
The basic premise of this new tax is that the more you use your car, the more you pay. Sounds fair, doesn't it? Sadly, like Thatcher's poll tax, it takes no account of ability to pay and is a tax on those who HAVE to use a car because where they live or their employers demand it.
The road pricing policy means force you to buy a tracking device for your car and then pay a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and, in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist against £194 for a delivery driver. A non-working mother who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month!! She should send her children to school on the school bus, you might say? WHAT FUCKING SCHOOL BUS??? She should pop them on public transport, I hear you ask? WHAT FUCKING PUBLIC TRANSPORT - NOT EVERYONE LIVES IN FUCKING LONDON!!!!
On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. It's like being fucking married all over again!! They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit somewhere then will probably have to expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.
To quote the opponents of this rubbish: "If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website."
The website link is:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

God, I thought bird flu was Blair's last chance to leave a legacy, the legacy of being the biggest political twat since King Canute, but this could be his "belt and braces" bid. Fuck him.
New Labour - off to Grantham with you, along with Trading Standards (why haven't they prosecuted Blair for selling himself and his cronies as Labour. Surely, just inserting the word "New" does not provide an adequate defence to a charge of misrepresentation of goods?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you LAY OFF badmouthing King Canute? Otherwise I will assume you're upset with him because your true nature is a partial anagram of said monarch. Without the "King" bit. Or the "e".

Barry Lawrence said...

......don't you call me a nutac!! (isn't that what you use to stick up New Labour posters?)

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".