**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Saturday 3 February 2007

Baby-Obsessed New Parent On Board.


...........This is going to upset so many of my chums but, while the rant is still with me, what about "Baby On Board" and worse still "Small Person On Board" signs in cars? What the bloody Hell is that all about?
A friend who has one in her car once tried to justify it to me with an explanation that was about as lame as Douglas Bader on sticky lino!
She claimed that the signs were there for the benefit of the emergency services in the event of a car crash. Apparently, the police and firefighters spot the notice and so know they have to rescue a baby from the wreckage, a baby they might otherwise have overlooked. There is one word for that reasoning.............and the word is "bollocks!"

Firstly, these gushing parent-types invariably drive around with the sign still up while little Jackasta or baby Moonchild is nowhere to be seen. What happens if, God forbid, they are in a smash then? Firemen spend four hours sifting through the tangled metal which was once their family-friendly people carrier looking for a bloody sprog who isn't there!
Secondly, if they do crash, are they seriously trying to tell me that a small notice made of card and sellotaped to the inside of the back window has more chance of surviving the impact than a fully strapped-in, babyseated object which is all noise at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other? That dog don't hunt!! If the wreckage is so mangled that a baby could be overlooked or the scene is a fireball, how the buggery bollocks is a piece of card supposed to be still visible?
No, these notices serve one purpose, and one purpose only - to announce to all and sundry "I've had a baby, I've had a baby, I've had a baby!!!" Well, bully for you. I bloody know you've had a baby! You and your sort run me down with your sodding pushchairs and prams whenever I'm out shopping, your brats scream the place down and throw mashed potato at me when I go out to eat and whenever we meet up you bring a lorryload of baby accessories with you and we have to spend all our time talking about how firm your spawn's shit has become and how they are merely expressing themselves when they crayon on your fucking wallpaper!
It's Grantham time. Baby On Board, Small Person On Board, Princess On Board, Annoying Little Drain On Us Childless Taxpayers On Board signs can all go.

3 comments:

Scary Monster said...

Hillarious!!! You knock the shit outta me. Will have to come back more often. People actually think that we're gonna drive that much more carefully iffin we see them stickers. WTF? I drive to keep Meself safe not some idjit with frog spawn in the backseat.

Barry Lawrence said...

You are a Scary Monster of evident good taste with the same jaundiced outlook on these things as me.
Don't be a stranger - the world needs more of us people who carry the words "what the fuck is going on?" around with us as others do their mobile phones.

Anonymous said...

Not only do the little bastards crayon on your wallpaper - some of them bash shit out of expensive musical intruments, under full maternal supervision, to the extent that you can't play a D above middle C ever again afterwards.

Note that I'm talking in generalities here, rather than citing a specific instance or anything like that.

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".