**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Wednesday 10 October 2007

Come The Revolution........


I have an apology to make. I misjudged our current crop of politicians.
I might have given the impression that I regard the whole lot of them as a bunch of steaming, odorous shits. Well, I forgot that a shit, however fresh and pungent, is biodegradable and so has a purpose, in that it is a vessel for returning nutrients into the ecosystem. I should, of course, have likened our elected members to broken, plastic coathangers - absolutely no fucking use to anybody whatsoever!

I ranted in a previous post, in metaphorical terms, that the brain-dead electorate had stampeded away from New Labour to ally itself with the Tories just because it had been told that David Cameron had started sporting a new tie. Pither predicted that Gordon Brown would respond by starting to part his hair differently in an effort to lure back the voters but not even I, the Mayor of Cynicsville, realised just how completely indistinguishable our two major parties had become and how devoid of ideas its leaders were. It turned out that it never even occurred to Brown to re-style his barnet. Instead, he just walked up to Cameron, in full view of everyone, and nicked his fucking tie!!
Far from being "tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime", New Labour's chief bean counter,
Captain "I'm either dying my hair or my eyebrows - you decide" Darling, actually announced the theft proudly to the House of Commons. The announcement was, however, caught on CCTV cameras and replayed on news bulletins later in the day so, while it came too late for Crimewatch, I am certain that arrests will follow.
Cut to today and it emerged that an e-mail is doing the rounds of Westminster concerning the manner in which our MPs should be treated by civil servants who encounter them in the Houses of Parliament. Bearing in mind the worth of our MPs hinted at above, you would be forgiven for having thought this e-mail stipulated that any elected member spotted in the confines of the hallowed halls was to be urinated upon. You might also have imagined it said that extra water dispensers had been situated around Westminster to keep everyone's tanks topped up for just such encounters. Did the e-mail, perchance, offer Queen's Pardons to officials who set fire to MPs, so long as the ensuing blaze posed no threat to the furniture or visitors? No!! I'll tell you what it said. It said that civil servants were to make way for MPs in the queues for lunch and dinner!!! Jesus H Christ!! Give me a fucking break!!
What next? Doffing your cap in a built-up area? Compulsory grovelling at baby-kissing photo opportunities? Offering up your first born for sacrifice at constituency surgeries? These fucking shits - sorry, broken fucking coathangers - are public servants, for God's sake! They're on the biggest fucking gravy train in the country and not only do they fucking want to laugh and point out of the windows at everyone else they want those self same bastards outside, the ones who bought them their tickets, to fucking bow down to them as they pass!
I would flout this latest instruction if I were there (the revolution will have to start in a more modest way than I had hoped) and, in fact, do the complete opposite. I would barge into the queue in front of the fucking lot of them and then order a plate of peas, stipulating to the kitchen staff that each pea was to be put on the plate individually and with the use of only two croquet mallets. Fuck 'em!
I can't send these wankers to Grantham because they're already fucking there. Damn!! They get you every time, you see.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! In my minds eye now all the politicians have got coat hangers for heads.

As a prospective first time voter I was somewhat relieved when Brawn decided not to call an election - I'm hoping that in the next two years a new and revolutionary party will rise up and give us some variety. Unlikely, I know. I think I'll toss a coin when the time comes.

I'll see you in the queue - I'm ordering sweet corn.

Anonymous said...

by the way, 'gets my goat' is an amazing phrase isn't it?

The Birdwatcher said...

Spagetti, each string to be arranged on the plate individually wearing boxing gloves. They're just a bunch of tossers. It has the feel of pre revolutionary France about it. Trouble is it will rain in England and that will put everyone off a revolution.

Barry Lawrence said...

Hello Fathorse and welcome.


Welcome (soon) also to the wonderful world of voting. Go out into the world and mark your cross with pride - and then sit back and watch bugger all change!
I do like "gets my goat", I have to say. I've no idea where the Hell it comes from. Have you?

Barry Lawrence said...

BW,

Pass the word. The bloody uprising of comrades in arms is imminent and it shall smite the oppressor and bring nobility and justice to the downtrodden masses - only make our excuses for Saturday, will you, as I'm watching the rugby and you've got junior's party to go to!!!

I, Like The View said...

there are 967,000 web pages devoted to the etymology of "get my goat"

now I've got time on my hands tonight, but not that much time

always makes me think of the Billy Goats Gruff, actually - and that nasty troll hiding under the bridge (who doesn't remind me of anyone, before you leap to any unjustifiable conclusions due to a lack of punctuation)

(sorry, I have had coffee today, but I've also had alcohol this evening - and watched four episodes of the Simpsons back to back and two of Deadliest Catch - maybe I should try and keep my comment writing to after coffee, but before alcohol?)(oh, you're just going to unlink me aren't you. . .)

I think I'll go to Grantham! that would solve all sorts of problems

I'll send you a post card

let me know who won the rugby, will you. . .

and the election. . .
if they ever call one

stupid politicians

Barry Lawrence said...

ILTV,

I sent myself to Grantham a few days ago and it would be lovely if you came and kept me company on my island in the surrounding sea of nutters and wastes of space. Alcohol and the Simpsons would be fine ways of passing the time. Sadly, you have done nothing to warrant banishment so I fear you will have to stay with the normal people.
As to the getting of goats, you still haven't enlightened Fathorse or me?

The Birdwatcher said...

That proves my point. I would have been at the march that brought down the government and brought people power onto the street but there was a.this game on the tele and it was important b. had to look after a load of rioting kids.

We can't have elections in the winter because its too dark and too wet.

And the 1848 year of revolutions failed to make any impact on England because the weather was a bit damp. ( So my history master, Pete Sibley fly half and captain of Bath FC used to say)

JFDI I say.

I, Like The View said...

actually, upon revisiting this, you know what I'd like to do? take a set of felt tip pens to Darling's hair and colour it in

(I'd tie them on the end of a barge pole mind, just to make sure I was in no danger of touching the vile creature)

(I know look aren't everything, but what a tw*t)

(ha! think I've just solved the problem of what to do with my own single grey hair. . .)

would you really like me to research the goats getting thing for you? I will if you want. . .

:-)

(only one coffee today and no alochol yet, FYI)

Barry Lawrence said...

BW,
There was actually an attempt to storm the Palace of Westminster in the winter of 1917. Unfortunately, instead of just rampaging through the hallowed halls, everyone, being English, formed an orderly, single-file queue and the bloke at the front said: "I'm ever so sorry to trouble you, I know it's an inconvenience, but the chaps and I were just wondering..........no? Oh, ok then, sorry to have been a nuisance, cheerio!"

Barry Lawrence said...

ILTV,
Sadly, I don't think it's possible to colour Cpt Darling as he is, by nature, a monochrome individual.
Keep up the coffee and, while you're about it, keep up the alcohol because it makes you chirrupy and I like that.
My system is virused up to the eyeballs so I can't Google anything. As a result, if you do get the odd moment to check out goat getting I would love to hear what you dig up.

I, Like The View said...

I'm on it!

(one large gin and Red Bull down)(well, I ran out of tonic - what's a girl to do? the only vodka I had left was vanilla and I didn't think that would go with the RB)(and I've just had a bowl of cold porridge for tea and watched four Simpsons and a Myth Busters, so I could do with something interesting)(yes, it's that sad in SW London) (see why I wanted to move to Grantham Town?!)

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".