**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Sunday 9 December 2007

The Politicospeak 750X (Batteries Not Included)


Get 'em while they're 'ot!!


I bought a hi-tech transducer this weekend and it has revolutionised my life. It has finally helped me understand why we're all in the shit.
The K-Tel "Politicospeak 750X" is truly amazing. Without it, the only sounds audible to humans when British politicians speak are "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, here, here! blah, blah, resign! blah, blah, blah, blah, before I answer that question, blah, blah, blah."
However, if you stick the USB on the end of the 750X into your television - or up the arse of a politician, should you be unfortunate enough to meet one face to face - two fantastic functions are available to you - "Anglification" and "Clarification".
A flick of the switch onto Anglification instantly translates the bullshit being spouted by any politician into English. The second function is, however, the truly unique one. Flick onto Clarification and the recorded bullshit is cleverly decoded again and read back in "Truth" mode by a REAL person who lives on Earth and not the Planet Thwarg.
I tried this out for the first time while watching Andrew Marr interview Ed Balls (never was a man more aptly named), Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families, on the Devil's Lantern this morning.





"So, Ed," inquired Marr,
"we've slipped from seventh to 17th in the international education league table. Isn't that a disaster?"
The "blah, blah, blahs" started so I switched on the transducer. Low and behold, I heard: "Look, part of the reason is that lots of new countries have been added to the table in the interim. We have actually improved massively but we're still not quite yet world class."
Later on, Marr suggested that the whole business surrounding the near collapse of Northern Rock Bank had been a fiasco. At the first hint of the "blah, blahs", on went Anglification again and I heard: "I think the whole situation has been extremely well managed."

Marr, who has such massive ears because they each contain their own transducer, pressed on with the questioning. "Aren't we just reaping what was sewn by Margaret Thatcher in the '80s?" "Blah, blah, blah"....flick!..."Although I didn't agree with all of Mrs Thatcher's policies, you cannot deny that she was a fantastic role model for women in this country. She inspired people like the Spice Girls who showed girls what they were capable of."

Mr Balls' comments soothed me. Things were pretty rosy. I began to think what a fantastic Government we had and I was on the verge of making a donation to New Labour in the name of Prince Leopold IX of Bratislava when I played back in Clarification. Oh dear!
"So, Ed," inquired Marr, "we've slipped from seventh to 17th in the international education league table. Isn't that a disaster?"
"Of course it's a fucking disaster, you dipshit!! We thought we'd go up a few places when those other countries joined the table but, guess what? Turns out our kids are even more illiterate and pig-thick than the street urchins and child beggars of Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Moldova!! You wanna see the standard of education in this country? Look outta the fucking window, arsehole!! We've got kids who think the London Underground is a political movement! The only countries we're ahead of in the table aren't really countries anyway - they're villages in the middle of the bastard Amazon!! What do you fucking expect when teachers are told to spend all their fucking time writing lists detailing precisely how shit their kids are by comparison with those at other schools instead of actually fucking teaching them anything!!! We've got about as much chance of becoming world class as Vanessa Feltz has of dying of anorexia!"

I listened on to hear the truth about Northern Rock. "Fiasco doesn't even come close to covering it, arsewipe!! A bunch of greedy, brain dead, capitalist wankers decide to invest everyone else's fucking money in exploiting poor people who can't afford to pay the exorbitant interest charges and fees piled on them by equally greedy, unprincipled American lenders and then they are surprised when it all goes tits up! The fucking Bank Of You and Me then stumps up £30 billion - yes, fucking £30 billion, or about £900-a-head - to bale the bastards out!! Did they ask you or me if they could have our money to prop up these tossers? Did they arse!! I don't remember £30 billion being taken out of our accounts to save the miners or the steel workers. Do you?"

I have to admit that by this stage my faith in the apparent genius of our Government was beginning to falter. Then Marr's final query was raised. "Aren't we just reaping what was sewn by Margaret Thatcher in the '80s?"
"You think??!!??? Yuh, huh!!! What did you expect, cuntybollocks? That mad bitch tapped a rich vein of greed in the country and the thick and ignorant rose to the surface, just as scum always rises to the surface. Money became the new currency for EVERYTHING - not only for barter but also for a class system, for real worth or value, for importance, for aspirations, for life itself. Educational achievement actually became frowned upon. 'I leff skule at 16 with nuffink and look at me now. I'm a bleedin' miwionaire!' She wasn't actually a woman, anyway. She was a cross between a rat and a coiffured snake but she did for women what Vlad the Impaler did for the fucking Blood Transfusion Service. As for the buggery-bollocks Spice Girls, oh yeah, they gave youngsters something to aim for, all right. Now all our trainee tarts want is to be talentless clotheshorses with IQs lower than their shoe sizes and with the morality of a cross between a rabbit in spring and Stalin! All they want to fucking do is 'be famous'. At least fucking Stalin DID something to become famous!!"

I'm not sure if I'm going to use the 750X again. It might make me start thinking that the country is in an almost irretrievable, disgusting state of moral and educational collapse. I mean, that can't be right, can it?

Politicians can go to Grantham.

11 comments:

Gin said...

I think I'll pass on the transducer. I prefer the "blah, blah, blah" to the shit the candidates over here in the US are spouting. Maybe I'll just rent one the day of the election, just before I go to the polls, in Nov. 2008, to find out what they're saying then. They change their minds so many times between now and then anyway, it's best to only hear them just before voting!

I guess the good thing about the transducer is that you can pull it off when you've heard enough! ;)

Ginni, the disillusioned

Vicus Scurra said...

Reg, you sexy beast.
Did you watch HIGNFY? I bet you got Russell Brand's joke about Stalin didn't you? None of the audience seemed to.

fiwa said...

Anytime it's starting to seem too bad over there, we can loan you George W. for a day.

dinahmow said...

I seem to have one of those 750x thingies built in to my audio-system!
(And someone will have to explain the bit about Brand and the Stalin joke.In this outpost of Empire we don't get such programmes.)

(It's good to know you're once again monitoring the Rusty Gates of Entry to Grantham! Must be all the cyber ear scratches.)

Anonymous said...

Word up, Fiwa. I'll pack his bags.

Anonymous said...

Ginni, under no circumstances should you ever go to the polls and actually vote for anyone. It only encourages them.

BGT

FirstNations said...

lordy, reg, you live in america? nobody told me. when the bs starts in to flying we here TURN THE SET OFF. you hear the exact same thing either way.

((())) for your woofie.
((())) for you too, bud.

Gin said...

Firstnations...just put the set on a blank channel...that white noise you hear will sound very much like certain politicos we all know and (cough) love! ;)

BGT...ahhhh, maybe THAT'S the problem!

garfer said...

Ed balls came up with 'neo edogenous growth theory'.

Balls indeed.

Can't see the point in edukating the young myself. Bring back domestic service I say. I could do with a few chambermaids to spank.

Anonymous said...

aargh, just read about padfoot - brave boy :) sending warming mind rays again mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Don't get me started on the state of education in this country. Is it just me or are people getting thicker? Put it this way, my Brother the Idiot went to the local comprehensive (I went to a grammar school, because I'm worth it) and for his English GCSE they studied Macbeth. I'm sorry, did I say they studied Macbeth? They studied EXTRACTS FROM Macbeth. I mean, they can't expect kids to actually READ something, can they?

I don't know enough about Northern Rock to comment, but it gets my dad's goat.

And, to conclude, I hate the Spice Girls. I fucking hate them.

I, Like The View said...

I once stood in front of Andrew Marr in the grocery queue in my (previously) local supermarket

I think that's all you need to know

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".