**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Saturday 5 January 2008

Lust!


"Drop you panties Sir Roger, I can't wait until lunchtime!"



I watched Essex Boys the other night.

For those who haven't seen it, it's a violent British gangster flick based around the murders of vicious drug barons Pat Tate, Tony Tucker and Craig Rolfe who died in a hail of point-blank shotgun blasts as they sat in a Range Rover in an isolated farm track near the village of Rettendon, Essex, in December 1995.

The star of the film is the improbably cast Sean Bean (pronounced Scene Been). Mr "I'm Sheffield United 'Til I Die" stands about 5ft 10ins tall, weighs around 12 stones and when away from film sets talks like an extra from Emmerdale. He was, therefore, an obvious first choice to play the psychotic Mr "Do-What?-As-It-'Appens-Apples-'n'-Pears-You're-'Avin-A-Giraffe" Tate who was 6ft 8ins tall (seriously!) and tipped the scales at about 20 stones.

Any road up - or is it farmtrack down? - I am a big fan of British gangster films and so found Essex Boys an enjoyable romp down the picturesque back roads of mindless violence, drugs, psychosis and estuarine bad taste (even though it did skirt somewhat clumsily around the nightclub death of 18-year-old Leah Betts after she took some dodgy ecstasy which had passed through the hands of our eponymous anti-heroes).

Where is all this leading, I hear someone cry in Ward 4? Well, the film made me realise that I am in lust. Not with "the other" Mr Bean, you understand, but with one of his co-stars - Alex Kingston.
Now this is where I have to apologise to women readers because what I'm about to put down in words might just come over as ever-so-slightly crude, chauvinistic and possibly juvenile. Then again, it might just prove to be worthwhile by giving a tiny insight into how men's brains work (they do work, honest!)

Why am I in sweaty, pumping, naughty, ride-me-into-the-sunset-Lavinia lust with Ms Kingston? Well, it's because she falls into the rarest yet most lusted after category of women on earth, AS DEFINED PURELY BY PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS ALONE (so don't bother writing in to complain, whatever your sex!).
For those of a XX chromosome persuasion, let me outline the principal categories of women as agreed by the International Brotherhood Of Humans With Dangly Bits at the dawn of time (feel free to correct me chaps if I get any of this wrong).

As my memory is not what it used to be and by way of providing an occasional reference for SOME of the examples given, I have used the following site - The 100 Most Beautiful Faces In The World.
In no particular order, for all have their plus points and pitfalls, there are:

1. BEAUTIFUL women (eg. Elizabeth Taylor in her youth, Grace Kelly before she got mangled, Jean Simmons in her youth, Heather Graham, Charlize Theron, Julianne Moore etc). These women appear statuesque and, in the eyes of men, unapproachable. They have classic features and invariably slim lines. Very much like a great painting, they inspire awe but can only ever be looked at, not engaged with.

2. PRETTY women (eg. Julia Roberts - mad though she may be (Oops, sorry, I DID say physical appearance only) - Marion Cotillard, Jessica Alba, Krista Allen, Kylie Minogue etc). These women appear to be girly-girlies, fluffy, sweet, cute and words like that. They could be girlfriends/partners and would be giggly and fun but one suspects would have bedrooms packed from floor to ceiling with fluffy Teddy bears and Snoopy dolls.

3. GOOD LOOKING women (eg. Gerry Hall, Lauren Bacall, Kirsty Young, Hilary Clinton (yes, I know!), Kirsty Walk, Benazir Bhutto - before she was shot! - Jean Simmons these days, Dolly Parton, Juliette Binoche etc). These women are, WITHOUT FAIL, over at least 35 and are what society disparagingly refers to as "mature". They appear very strong, not in a weight-lifting sense and not in a shouting-and-carping-and-interrupting-everyone-because-they're-always-right-radical-feminist-lesbian kind of way. Their strength invariably comes across in a calm, worldlywise and intelligent demeanour. These women are as rare as rocking horse shit but I, for one, am a big, big fan.

4. "TOMBOYISH" women (eg. Dawn French, Charlie Dimmock, Gabby Yorath - borderline "pretty" - Nell McAndrew - borderline "good looking" - Kim Wilde - borderline beautiful - etc). These women spell "fun" and have the added advantage that they are ostensibly men with tits. The drawbacks are that they may leave socks lying around which smell worse than your own and when you get home each evening you have to race them to the booze fridge.

5. ATTRACTIVE women. Ah! Now we have come to the most indefinable category of all. They are purely a matter of personal taste and they can also fall into any one of the other categories listed here but there is just SOMETHING about them which you find irresistible and mesmerising. They are the Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of women. Me, I particularly like Class Two Occlusions (ever so, ever so slightly goofy teeth) and jet black hair but that doesn't preclude other women. These are THE women for long term relationships/love. (eg. In my book; Mrs Pither - obviously - Judy Lowe, Rachel Weisz, Nigella Lawson, Dolly Parton - I know, but she IS indefinable - Alex Kingston, Kristin Scott Thomas and so on and so on.)

6. SEXY women. (eg. Sophia Loren, Joanna Lumley, Heidi Klum, Bridget Moynahan etc). These women ooze sexuality, usually with looks described popularly as "smouldering" and "sultry". Nights with these ladies would involve soft music, satin sheets, champagne, slowness and gentleness. Ultimately, these women have a certain class - unlike........

7. "TARTY" women. (eg. Jordan, Jodie Marsh, anything falling out of China Whites on the arm of a footballer). These "women" have so little going for them that they have to wear as little as humanly possible in a desperate attempt to draw the eye to them. Despite the image they try to portray, they are invariably about as much use in bed as a lawnmower. Nights with these "ladies" would involve penicillin and a do-it-yourself job in the bathroom!

8. OTHER women. Basically, these are the women who do not fit into any of the other categories when judged purely physically. They do, however, fall into one such category when judged on their personality which is only discovered by talking to them. Sadly, men, whose primary stimulus is the visual, often don't bother to find out what their personality is like and so invariably miss out on the best chance of happiness they will ever have!

And finally, we come to the category into which Alex Kingston fits (remember her? At the beginning of this marathon Blog?). Ms Kingston is one of the world's...................
9. FILTHY women!!! Dear God, these women are fantastic but are also rare. They combine "sexy" and "attractive" with a sort of more covert wordlywise, moral casualness. These women, you just know, could kill you - but what a way to go! These women are also always "mature" and know EXACTLY what to do! I have, for some years, had my own subdivision of this category - the Treble Fs (Fit, Filthy and Forty/Fifty-Something). Unlike "Tarty" women, they do no put everything on a plate - rather, by

a smouldering look, they let you know that a silver platter is just beneath the low-cut, high-heeled surface and it is piled high with things you haven't even tasted before but wouldn't mind nibbling! A night with one of these women would involve a rubber badger costume, baby oil, various chocolate sauces, handcuffs, a bath, a shower, a set of parallel bars, things powered by batteries, the modified outfits of various female public servants, time spent pretending to be a headmaster, very little time spent looking at her face, more sexual positions than there are are spermatozoa in an elephant's testicles and a trip to casualty!

Phew! There, I think that's it. Of course, there are some men (Heaven forfend that I should be one of them) who believe that, physically, there are only two categories of women:

WOMEN WITH BIG TITS AND WOMEN WITHOUT!

Ok, ok, ok, it's been coming for a while - I'll send myself to Grantham!

6 comments:

fiwa said...

I didn't find any of that offensive, I think most women would secretly agree with you. And hey, you included Nigella Lawson (my girl crush) in your list, so I'm prepared to forgive all. Just don't go trying to horn in on my Nigella action, ok? What I think would be interesting is to find out what category women would most like to BE in.

Gin said...

I sure hope Grantham has internet access.

I'm not offended in the slightest, either. In fact, your post was quite enlightening and (as usual) humorously entertaining.

I think most women like to think of themselves as a combination of all the categories. I know I do. I have it all from my sweet innocent tomboy side (altho my feet don't stink I HAVE been known to race to the booze fridge!) to my wild, promiscuous side! The only one I'm lacking after 50+ years of lifelearning is a "Tarty" self. Oh well, I can't have it all! And who'd want to aspire to that one anyway??

And your final category explains why men talk to my chest, rather than look me in the eye when they talk to me.

Who needs a barrel of monkeys? We've got Reg!!

Ginni

Betty said...

As you've already defined me as "a bloke with tits" on a comment over at mine, I feel that I should state that I DO NOT LEAVE SMELLY SOCKS LYING AROUND AND DON'T WEAR SMELLY SOCKS MYSELF.

That is all.

FirstNations said...

the only thing i disagree with is your dismissal of 'tarty' broads.
really...who do you think you're kidding, pither? you'd be stuck to that like a rabid rabbit. oh, don't bother denying it. i know. *slowly opens squirtbottle of hersheys chocolate topping using teeth*
i think you owe me an....apology.



(heppy nu yeer!)

Barry Lawrence said...

Fiwa,
I think you've got a slightly better chance with Nigella than me. I mean, she's married two multi-millionaires to date so I think she's spelt out pretty strongly what she finds attractive in men. Plus, if I did wed her I would have to insist that part of the nuptial contract was that I could kill her father!

Ginni,
I suppose it could be said that I've just taken about 5,000 words to say "a chef in the kitchen and a whore in bed". Well no, I do think there's a bit more to it than that. Is a barrel of monkeys good?

FN,
I was dreading your feedback most but I think I've escaped with my testicles!
I can, however, honestly, honestly, honestly, honestly say that "tarty" women just don't oil my grommits. I've got four dogs at home - I don't need anymore. The creature pictured, by the way, is Jodie Marsh. She is about as hard to get as as the Black Death in the Middle Ages. To use a very blokey phrase, "I wouldn't with yours, let alone mine!".

Barry Lawrence said...

Betty,
Ok, ok, ok, ok already! I'll give you the feet thing, but..........

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".