**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Tuesday 6 November 2007

Liar-Liar Pants Are Dire


My mind has been in a whirl all day. You see, I watched a "gripping" feature on Breakfast TV which has completely changed my outlook on life - it was all about "control pants".
There I was, chomping on my High Fibre Bumblockerflakes, when Dermot O'Smileyman said that some sort of nationwide pants survey had been conducted and, apparently, 237 per cent of women owned up to regularly wearing these revolutionary new front and back bottom awnings.
Before the BBC's top news reporters got into the meat of the piece, however, my mind began to race. You see, Pither is a bit of an expert on the subject of ladies' pants.
I am no stranger to the two-bits-of-string-and-a-tiny-Coronation-Day-flag style of flossing undergarment favoured by many girlies these days, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither being among them. The other end of the Knickter Scale, meanwhile, is exemplified by a lass with whom I was once well acquainted who wore pants which, once she had hacksawed them off at the end of the day, I used to drape over my estate car to keep the frost off it in winter.
In between there is a mind bogling array of muff masks, almost all of which Pither has tangled with. There are bikinis, boy shorts and briefs, there are Tangas and thongboys, there are high-cuts and hipsters, there are low-risers and there are moderately lows, really lows and even daringly lows......but "control pants"? They were new to me.
Were they, I thought, some sort of state-of-the-art, hi-tech pants which, much like a superhero's cozzie, endowed the pantee with paranormal powers to subdue the will of others and conquer the world? There was also the possibility that they carried a kind of on-board mini-computer which spoke to the wearer in a very sultry lady's voice, much like a sat nav in a car, saying things like "Warning! Bladder at bursting point" or "Haemalert! Haemalert! Insert Lillet!" or "Juices flowing - these pants will automatically lower in one minute!"
It turned out they were none of these - but control pants none the less came as a shock to me. You see, they should more accurately be called "lying pants".
There are various different styles but ostensibly they are about the size of a ten-year-old boy's school shorts and are made out of some sort of highly elasticated, fire retardant, rubber-infused, heavy canvas-like material. They are about as sexy as a photo of Ann Widdecombe sitting on the bog but it is their elastication which has proved a big hit with the girls. You see, as the adverts say, they "flatten out those little lumps and bumps". In truth, dam-like, they hold back the torrents of glycogen which make the poor, unfortunate uncontrolled pant wearer who dares to wear a close-fitting dress resemble a relief map of the Malverns.

There are several downsides to these 21st Century pants, as I see it. From a girly's point of view, you had better hope that the super-elasticated material from which they are hewn is also highly absorbant and deodorised as, when nature calls, your chances of getting them off in the ladies in under three hours without an adjustable spanner and an oxyacetylene torch are almost nil. There is also the drawback posed by the laws of physics. Matter/energy can neither be created nor destroyed and so all that flab pulled in around a voluminous arse or Bernard Manning-style gut has to go somewhere! You may end up with the torso of a fashion model but how attractive is it to have a 47ins neck!!

From a boy's point of view - what a swizz! Picture the scene. You get this vision of loveliness back to your grief hole, you uncork the wine and you dim the lights. Then, as Barry White takes the sexual tension to fever pitch on the stereo, she slides out of her figure-hugging dress and.........pulls a ripcord after shouting "Let 'em go!!!" All of a sudden her arse is where her knees are and her gut is brushing her stilettos. Christ alone knows what will happen when she takes her bra off! I suppose, looking on the bright side, it will pull the wrinkles out of her face!
The ripcord mentioned above is just in my imagination, you understand. In fact, control pants come with no such quick release device. Once she has slipped out of that dress, would it really be possible to maintain an erection after you've said "Ok, just lie on my Workbench and I'll go and get the socket set and pliers"?
No, control pants are just the female equivalent of stuffing a sock down your hipsters to catch the eyes of the ladies. They can go to Grantham.

9 comments:

Arabella said...

Thanks for reminding me of several of the grimmest passages from Swift that I managed to forget about for decades. Yikes.

Basically, it's a roll-on girdle isn't it, which is hardly progress?
In that case a good bit of boned corset is by far the better choice for the lady. You get to wear the Peggy Lee fan-tail dress without the bits bulging (it's possible to sing in a corset too) and still look a million dollars when you get down to your undies. No need to remove the corset either if you know what I mean. Man doesn't burst into tears, girl looks gorgeous. Everybody happy.

I, Like The View said...

sorry - what's off to Grantham? ladies? socks? control pants?

I read about these items - control pants - at the weekend and many similar thoughts occured to me (should that be occurred? I wish these comment boxes had spell checkers)

you'll be pleased to know that I'm going commando today and I never need to wear a bra* as I'm so flat chested

(*I'd know where to go if I ever felt the need tho)(next time you're bored, check this out and decide if you want to send the copy to Grantham - I would)

Barry Lawrence said...

Arabella,

A corset!! Now you're talking!!!!! Yes, yes and yes....and yes....and yes.....and yeaaasss!!!!

ILTV,

It's control pants that have gone - socks, like girls, don't know the off-side rule but they are necessary and you become very fond of them after a while.
Good news about you waving adieu to your pants today but sorry to hear about the chest. Still, there's more to life than big gazongas - it's just that I haven't found out what it is yet.
Yes, the catalogue can go. Ms McPhearson just doesn't do it for me - and I doubt she would even if I asked nicely.

The Birdwatcher said...

Sorry but I had to stop reading when I got to the bit about Anne Widdicombe and the toilet. You ought to warn people you know. I had just settled doen and was enjoying your piece when ugh! Can't you insert an AW alert a paragraph before?

Will try and finish it later, but know I am going to have to watch something mindless on the Television to flush away the image.

Barry Lawrence said...

BW,

Fear not. I had to have a lie down for a couple of hours after I wrote it!

I, Like The View said...

I just had to share this
with you, as it seems on topic

kind of. . .

and actually, I do understand the off-side rule, but it's never done me any favours with boys - perhaps that's due to my lacking in the gazonga department

;-)

Zig said...

I understand the off-side rule too



and so do my socks

Barry Lawrence said...

Ziggi and ILTV,

...would you explain it to me, then?

I, Like The View said...

yes

I will

when I return from my school run

:-)

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".