**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Thursday 15 November 2007

According To Our Records..........







It's an old and familiar refrain over here in Pitherworld but......the banks are out of control!!!!
I'm going to keep on saying this until someone - preferably someone with heavy artillery - starts to listen and decides to do something about it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting for one minute that we should take it upon ourselves to burst into our local branch of Lloyds, Barclays, Nat West or whatever, shoot all the staff and then crucify the manager on the outside of the building beneath a large sign saying "greedy, incompetent, capitalist bastard!". No, I think the Army should be doing that!
I just think we have to start fighting back in more subtle ways, such as by writing to our banks each time their cashpoint machines are empty, thereby not allowing us to get access to OUR money - and then charging the banks £30 for each letter (where the Hell do banks buy their stationery??!!?), with daily £10 penalty fees for each day which passes with the cashpoints still being out of service.
The absolute inability of all of the banks to do anything efficiently or with any regard at all for its customers has been covered on this blog before and is currently being illustrated beautifully by the lovely Ziggi.
The other unacceptable face of banking came under the spotlight today when one of the cartel - Barclays - announced that it had LOST £1.3 BILLION on the sub-prime housing market in the USA. "Never fear", Barclays reassured those parasitic, chinless twats in The City, "We have made £1.9 billion in profits already so far this year!" Fucking Hell!!!!
First of all, exactly WHOSE money have they lost? Not bleedin's theirs, that's for sure. They don't, in theory, have any money of their own. They exist by borrowing some from Peter at 5 per cent and by then lending it to Paul at 12 per cent. They make money from everyone else's money. It's called capitalism. In the wild, its called parasitism.
Secondly, I wonder what would happen if I wrote to them tomorrow and said: "Look, you remember that £300 I borrowed off you? Well, truth is, I've gone and lost it. Soz about that. Never mind, eh?" Do you think they would shrug their corporate shoulders and say: "Hell, knock yourself out. Have a ball. Easy come, easy go." Je ne pense pas!!! They'd be round with the fuzz faster than you could say "debtors prison"!
Finally, these gits have the arrogance to actually admit that they rip us poor saps off so much on a daily basis that they can afford to lob away £1.3 thousand million and still be almost £2 thousand million in profit!!
"Rip us off, Reg?" I hear you ask. "Surely not?" Well, take Pither's hapless contribution to these obscene profits, for example. A few days ago I got a letter from Lloyds telling me that I was £30 over my overdraft limit. I promptly went online, did some financial juggling, and transferred £35 into the account. A few days later I got another letter saying that I was £35 over my overdraft limit. When I rang to query this and point out that I had paid money in to cover the excess I was told......wait for this......that yes, they had received my £35. However, I had been charged a £10 penalty fee for going over my limit without permission, which put me over my limit again, and there was also a £30 charge for the original letter.
This time I paid in £40 but, low and behold, a few days later I received yet another letter which said I was over my limit again. The explanation this time was that there had been a £30 charge for the second letter and as that again put my over my limit there was another £10 penalty fee!!
This would have gone on until Hell froze over had I not ranted at them and pointed out that it was their bloody letters which were causing the problem and if they just switched their sodding computer off for half an hour the problem would be rectified!!
I have previously sent Lloyds TSB to Grantham but I think it is time for them to be joined by their incompetent, money-grabbing, greedy High Street cousins.

3 comments:

Vicus Scurra said...

Dear Mr Pither
I notice that you have either posted an incomplete article, or you have littered the internet with an unattached "the". Neither of these alternatives is acceptable. I will therefore be charging you £25.

Arabella said...

You do this so that I can remain speechless when apoplectic. I thank you.

fiwa said...

My bank has a nasty habit of declining my card when I'm trying to make a purchase, even when I have money in the account. Which makes me look like a thief who's trying to make off with stolen goods and no money. It's happened many, many times. When I go in to the bank to complain they look at the computer screen, put on a very concerned face, and agree that they don't know why this could be happening.

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".