**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Sunday 20 May 2007

Four Legs Good, Third Way Bad


Who will rid me of these turbulent beasts? Blair is going, Brown is coming and I look from pig to man and man to pig and cannot tell the difference.
So, Blair fucks off to Iraq on a secret visit to see "our brave lads" while, back in the leak-riddled SS Great Britain, Brown lets slip that policy on the war is about to take the teeniest U-turn and they could all be home by Christmas.

Funny that the same sweaty, fat, boring, Jock oaf had the audacity in the week to snipe at the anti-Blairites (i.e. ALL the rest of the fucking grass roots Labour Party) by saying "the Left hand doesn't know what the extreme Left hand is doing!" Oh really? Seems to me that the extreme right hand doesn't know what Attila the Hun's right hand is doing either!
On the subject of the war in Iraq, I'm no military tactical genius, as you may know, but it seems to me that there are only two reasons for withdrawing all your troops from a war zone. Firstly, you could be forgiven for doing it when the war is over and you have achieved what you set out to do. I know this is true because my dad (God rest his soul) would still be out in Italy if it were not. So, have the Western forces achieved whatever it was they set out to do in Iraq? Is the war over? Just turn on the telly or the radio news to answer that one. The second reason for a wholesale withdrawal is that you have completely fucked up and lost! If you didn't start the war then you just have to accept defeat and lick your wounds. If you DID, however, start it you have some apologising and explaining to do. Has Blair apologised? Has he fuck! He just bleated: "I did what I thought was right". Well, thank fuck for that! We kinda expect our leaders NOT to do what they think is wrong. Will Brown apologise? Will he bollocks! He will just say, if ever pushed hard enough, "well, it wasn't me, it was him". Fuck off, the pair of you!
The optimists out there - those who said it would all be different after Labour got into power in '97 - are once again playing Pollyanna and saying that Brown, unlike his Tweedle Dumber oppo, is at least of Labour stock and so "things can only get better". Bollocks! Wake up, for fuck's sake! He's just the fucking same!! There is no such fucking thing as "New Labour"! In the political system we are lumbered with, there is Labour, there is Liberal Democrat, there is Tory and there is Re-branded Tory!
There is no fucking "third way"!!! Do those shiny-suited fucking lawyers who form the bedrock of Blair's administration seriously expect us to believe that, since the formation of the Labour Party back in 1900 (or 1906 for the pedants), they are the only people who have come along of sufficient ingenuity, conviction and brain power to have discovered this supposedly hitherto hidden way of approaching things political? Well, actually, yes, I think they do. That is another reason they are all a bunch of female genitals.
There are no divisions between management and workforce anymore, they chant. Under the "third way" which the rest of us were all too thick to spot, we are all in it together, pulling for the common cause. Yeah, right! It's just that, while the rest of us are reduced to half-hour "breaks" instead of lunches and work comparable hours to Japanese prisoners of war to actually DO something practical to pull the country along, the directors and CEOs of this world are pulling in their Jags and Mercs, weighed down not by the burden of debt and exhaustion but by the ballast of £100,000-£1,000,000 salaries dished out because they possess the genius to cut costs and bolster share dividends - by sacking loads of their workforce!!!! Never forget, as well, that if we don't pay them Premiership Football-size wages they will go abroad! Well, fuck off abroad then, says I! We can do without that kind of genius, thank you very much.
It's time this country woke up and saw the smoke and mirrors trick which is New Labour for exactly what it is. It has already started to take us along a very, very, very dangerous path in which all the other power-hungry, self-obsessed politicians out there think to themselves "Hey, people are falling for this New Labour bollocks. Let's do it ourselves. That way WE can have the chauffeurs, expense accounts and apartments in Marble Arch." Yes, the fucking Tories are now copying New Labour and pretending to be green and worried about poverty. Pig to man and man to pig-time again. There could come a time in the not too distant future when we OFFICIALLY just have one, all encompassing political party for which to vote. Oh, irony of ironies. While Blair and the Tories bang on about "the Left" and the danger they pose to society they are busy building a Stalinist state! "Vote for us or die!!"

No, there is only one way the will of the people will ever be satisfied at a General Election. That is when "they" do what they fear doing most in the world - and put a "None of the above" box on the ballot papers. That would, I am certain, bring the whole, crooked, rigged system crashing down and it would be time to think again and have a complete overhaul of the political system.
I feel better for having said all that. I think I shall now go and have a quick rub down with the Morning Star and set myself up for the rest of the day.
Oh, and Grantham? Brown can fuck off there to meet up with Blair. Remember where you heard it first!

2 comments:

Vicus Scurra said...

So, in short, Reg, unless I have misinterpreted, your feelings about the current political situation are somewhat short of sanguine?

Barry Lawrence said...

Vicus,

My san has never been so guined - no, don't titter, missus.

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".