**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Saturday 31 March 2007

The Paw Law.


My four dogs have got wind of some breaking news and now they and I have become like the Beatles in 1970 - eyeing one another suspiciously and appointing our own legal teams in readiness to sue.
The reason for this threat to the hitherto sweet music made by the Fab Five is the new Animal Welfare Act which this week comes into force in England. Supt Martyn Hubbard of the RSPCA said of this landmark legislation: "Crucially, the new law will mean that owners and keepers of animals will have to provide their animals with their basic welfare needs."
Sounds good, doesn't it? Being northern Europe's greatest animal lover (although that was never proved!), I, of course, welcome this move to get tough on those bastards who are cruel to animals.
In brief, the new law makes it a legal requirement for pet owners to do what is reasonable to provide, and I quote from the RSPCA's website:

* A proper diet, including fresh water.
* Somewhere suitable to live.
* For any need to be housed with, or apart from, other animals.
* Protection from, and treatment of, illness and injury.



You wouldn't think people had to be told these things, let alone forced by law to ensure that they are provided but, sadly, if there are people about who think Noel Edmonds is a jolly good chap, rest assured that there are also people around who think torturing fellow creatures is a jolly good idea.
So, why the canine unrest here at The Towers? Well, that has been generated by the fifth requirement placed on pet owners by the new law. We are charged with ensuring our pets have, and again I quote:

* The ability to express normal behaviour!!!!!

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!

Have these bloody people got any idea at all what constitutes "normal behaviour" for my pack? I've got a fucking Dingo-cross which, to date, has dug up a 30ft-high fir tree in my garden, turned the lawn into a model of Michael Carroll's backyard, raped my three-legged dog Henry on numerous occasions, ripped out and chewed up several phones, eaten the wallpaper in the hall and dug up the grave of the first dog I ever had!!
All four of the buggers piss and shit around the house frequently and the alsatian, who weighs in at six or seven stones, has dumped so spectacularly on occasions that I have been forced to treat the resultant mounds as traffic islands!
My littlest dog is obsessed with trying to hump the alsatian, who is not keen on the attention, and she also likes to shag MY leg when she is bored!
I have, in the past, had strong words with all of the offenders in turn but I can see that going out of the window now. I can almost hear the future exchanges:
"Caty, that's naughty! Put the postman down and don't piss in daddy's apple juice."
"Back off, Fascist! Don't oppress me. I'm just expressing myself. You'll be in court so fast your feet won't touch, son!"
Or.....
"Tilly, please don't shag Padfoot while he's eating his tea."
"Henry!! Get my solicitor on the phone. I'm the product of a 12-parent family, this is an outward expression of my angst and, anyway, society is to blame. It's the European Court of Humping Rights for you, Pater!"
Where will it all end? Politicising and empowering dogs will lead to the ruination of us all.

There will be marches on Parliament, sit-ins, "Dogs Against The War" protests and, before you know it, they will be running the country. We can't have a load of animals with a low IQ, never-ending greed and the desire to shag anything which moves running the place.......hang on a bit. Oh, well, you get my drift.
Thanks a lot, all you hippy, right-on, PC law makers! I've now got the choice of living in a shit and piss-covered, semi-derelict squat backing onto The Somme or spending a lifetime behind bars!
No, let the people of Grantham experience first-hand my dogs' "normal behaviour" and see them try to stay fashionable!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Rover St Bernard, legal reprentative to the canine defence society, Barking Branch.

This is your final warning cease and halt these accusations, by the way did those dog give permission for their images to be used in this article.

R S Bernard
Boneo St
Dogenham
Ps You couldn't just lick my left bollock please , oh no I'll do it then.

Anonymous said...

Less dog stuff, please. Stick to the incisive socio-political comment that you do so much better. The dog material's starting to wear a bit thin (like your hair).

Barry Lawrence said...

Dear Mr Bernard,

Ok, I'll ease off. No, I have absolutely no permission to use those pics but, I'm afraid, you'll just have to join the sue queue. x

Barry Lawrence said...

Dear Anonymous (You must be so proud of your name),

Thanks for putting me straight on that. You see, here was I thinking that this blog was for ME to write about things which strike ME as amusing or interesting and all the time I should have been writing purely to entertain you! I must, obviously, be punished. Who's a naughty boy Reg!
What else would you like me to write about? The best ways to get through the day in a lonely grief hole when you are a talentless fuckwit who has nothing else to do but sit around with your trousers round your ankles while whacking off? I am unfamiliar with this territory but I am sure you could give me details, bearing in mind your obvious, lengthy experience.
My dogs are an endless source of humour and writing material for me. If you want to read other stuff, here's an idea - fucking write it yourself, cunt, if you're so fucking talented!!
Try not to die horribly in an awful road accident,

Love and fondest regards. x

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".