**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Friday 22 June 2007

Frauds Of The Rings






Well, it's a kind of religion?

I've decided, I'm gunna get in on this human rights things. There's gotta be some mileage in it for old Pither somewhere.
I mean, there's this 16-year-old lass down in Sussex who belongs to some crackpot evangelical movement - started guess where? Yes, America - whose members have vowed not to have sex until they're married. Hell's teeth! I do hope she realises that, if my marriage is anything to go by, she's going to die an old woman without EVER having played Harry Hides His Helmet if she sticks to that principle!!
Anyway, this lass, who is probably only hiding under this "my-hymen's-for-hubby" cloak to cover her embarrassment at being so pig ugly no-one would want to pork her at ANY time, has taken her school to court. She claims the school has infringed her human rights by barring her from wearing a ring which signifies she is a member of this sexless singletons club. The ring is banned because the school has a "no-jewellery" rule but Little Miss Hands-Off-Til-The-Honeymoon says that moslem girls are exempted and allowed to wear a veil, Sikh girls are likewise excused and permitted to have religious bracelets and so she should be ok to walk around, proudly displaying her digital decor which proclaims her unwillingness to drop her drawers until after the speeches and the cutting of the cake.
If I've got this right, you just have to claim you're doing something because it's your religious belief and then no-one can touch you? The moment the Feds or your boss or whoever takes issue you can just shout: "Back off, Fascist, don't oppress me. You're trashing my religion, man. I've got court papers here, and I'm prepared to use them."
The possibilities are endless. I'm not sure what constitutes a quorum in religious circles. It can't be much, can it? Maybe someone out there could advise? However many are needed, we need to start a new religion? It would have to be something different, something easily distinguishable from the cliched "walking around, doing good and praising a lot" kind of thing which is all too prevalent these days. Something like a religion where some of the key tenets are that you have to walk around in just your socks, paint your nadgers bright blue and say "blibble, blibble, ningo, ningo, naaaar!" to anyone who walks past?
All suggestions will be considered.

6 comments:

Vicus Scurra said...

I didn't have a religion until I read your post. Then you used the word "singleton". I am forming one right now and issuing something far worse than a jihad on you.
And you are too late. There is a surfeit of bright blue nadgers in North East Hampshire.

Anonymous said...

I think Little Miss Oh No Please Don't Muff It should be allowed to wear her ring advertising her views on this at school all the time, as long as she agrees to random hymen inspections to ensure her continued entitlement.

BGT

Barry Lawrence said...

Someone's bound to split on her.

Arabella said...

Yuck. The American version of this sect actually dresses the girls up in bridal gowns and has them swear an oath of chastity to THEIR FATHERS. wtf?

Unknown said...

Chastity is much maligned. If there had been more of it, vicus probably wouldn't be here!

Barry Lawrence said...

Arabella,
Come back to us! There aren't cults back in your homeland. We just have things in Government which....well.....are similar.

Pamela,
True! Vicus is indeed one of the most compelling arguments for contraception. But his words are like the bacteria in our guts and the dung beetles of the African plains - we would be lost without them.

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".