**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Tuesday 31 July 2007

He's Gotta Go.


Well, it's who I think he really is!

My injury and resultant incapacity (see previous post) have left me a little less light hearted, cheery and tolerant than normal. That, coupled with me having more access to the Devil's Lantern than is healthy, has brought about a deep loathing of a character who features all too frequently on our screens.
His name is Josh, he is a young boy and, contrary to the way children are supposed to be, he is heard and not seen.
This little shit features in one of those dreadful ads for Picture Loans, a commercial which itself has previously been a target of this blog. It's the one where that cow-eyed, vacant, Geordie bint takes advantage of the convenience of a phone call to sign away her life, home and family to Picture.
She smiles inanely and chats to the loan shark on the other end of the line like a long lost friend, pausing only briefly to tell her husband to fuck off when he enters the room to inform her that the house is on fire, or something. She pauses on a number of other occasions, however, and that is where the devil child Josh comes in.
Josh, we are led to believe, is her young son and although we never see him we hear him, repeatedly interrupting mummy's efforts to blag £25,000 at an interest rate slightly above the inflation rate of post-war Germany.
"Mum, where's my scooter?" he bellows off-set. Instead of saying "Shut your fucking trap you ignorant little shit, I'm on the bloody phone", she dutifully replies "Try the garage!"
Seconds later the little bastard is at it again. "Mum, I can't find my trainers!" What's going on in that bloody house? Is the little son of Satan blind, stupid or just fucking bone idle? Bearing in mind moron mummy has just told her husband to "shut it" after he dared to have a quiet word in her shell-like, does she say "Try fucking looking for them yourself. Oh, and by the way, I've no idea who your dad was", before adding a warning that he's about one step away from being found a place in a children's home? Like Hell she does! "Under the bed!" she shouts.
No sooner is she back on the blower than the little arsehole comes back with "My scooter's not in the garage!" That's where I would have really lost it. I would have politely told the loan arranger to hang on for a few minutes and then I would have gone upstairs to ram the demanding little turd's Adidas Pratpumps AND his wheelymax 210 up his arse.
Surprisingly, Geordie woman doesn't respond in anyway at all........until she hears the sound of her husband tripping over something metallic which evidently sends him crashing to the floor. Now this is in no way coloured by recent events in the Pither household but does she then say "Darling, are you all right?", let alone "Oh Jesus H fucking Christ, I'll have to go because I think my husband has just seriously injured himself"? Nope. She just chuckles "Josh, dad's found warr scooter!" Uncaring, thick bitch!
Picture Loans were packed off to Grantham some time ago now. Well, Josh, his trainers and his fucking scooter can follow them!

3 comments:

Betty said...

... what's even more annoying is that Little Josh is so naicely spoken compared to horrid common Geordie mummy. This is because advertisers want to assure their potential customers that the family are *upwardly mobile*, as are the people who use their services. In other words, it's not just horrid common people who get into debt.

... still, nothing in the world is more depressing than the Halifax advert with the big lass singing "why don't you think/about your interest rates today!"

Barry Lawrence said...

Betty,
How about that gormless, ugly, tone deaf twat from Shirley who is the other star of the Halifax ads. With those glasses he would burn the back of his head out if he looked near the sun and even those Nazis at the Halifax have realised that he's so offensive they have now reduced him to the role of a cartoon character.

Vicus Scurra said...

I bet you'd shag her, though.

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".