**********************************************************WHY GRANTHAM? JUST CLICK:
TEXT **********************************************************

Thursday 2 August 2007

Pogo A No-Go So He Go




Firstly, an apology. To those of you whose spirits were raised yesterday by the thought of Pither lying on a slab somewhere being butchered by a Youth Opportunities Programme surgeon - it didn't happen. They phoned mid-morning to say that their one and only K-Tel surgery set (including a hammer, gag, genuine, plastic knives, a mop, four sponges and a jetwash, all packaged in an attractive polypropylene carrying case) was out on loan to the local abattoir. The news was broken to me by the consultant surgeon and he seemed to be as relieved as I was. His precise words, if I remember correctly, were "Me and the lads from patient transport found some ethanol in the back of one of the ambulances last night and this morning I've got the shakes worse than a shitting dog!"
The upshot of all this is that, this morning, I am again awaiting a phone call to tell me whether or not I'm "on" this time. If it's another no-no I have been assured that they will slice me open by Sunday - well, it gives you something to look forward to, doesn't it!
In the meantime and seeing as I may never get the chance to write again, I thought I had to bring to your attention Mr Ashrita Furman and get him packed off to Grantham while there is still time.
Old Ash, predictably enough from New York, has just set a world record for "underwater pogo sticking".
Yes, this complete and utter waste of carbon got into his local swimming pool and pogoed the equivalent of 1,680ft underwater! Not content with that, he then jiggled a hula hoop around his waist, again submerged, for 2 minutes 38 seconds - breaking his own, previous record! I bet it really fucked up the school swimming classes that morning and, no doubt, the water babies session had to be scrapped!
He is now not only in the Guinness Book of Records for these two fabulous feats, he is also in as the person who holds the most records (get your mind round that "looking-into-a-mirror-through-a-mirror" situation) - 63, I believe, at the last count. Yes, instead of going out and discovering a cure for cancer, feeding the starving or pushing the boundaries of mankind's knowledge of the miracle of creation, Ash has opted to spend his time, among other things, pushing an egg along the ground with his nose, riding on the back of a tiger and balancing things on his hand while strolling around Egypt. Hasn't he cottoned on yet as to why these records are there for the taking? No? Well, here's a message for you Ash..........IT'S BECAUSE NO OTHER FUCKER WANTS TO DO THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF FUCKING TIME!!!!!




I have mentioned this before but I will say it again.............what use in the whole of fucking Christendom is any of that to anyone???!!!??
This pile of donkey's doo-dahs puts his desire to be fucking ridiculous down to the day he discovered meditation through some mystic guru. Picture the scene:
Mystic guru: "Well, Grasshopper nee-Furman, I have endowed you with truly magical powers, gifts from the Gods of the universe. You now know the secrets of those higher beings, your sway upon this earth shall henceforth be all-powerful and you must use these cosmic forces to do good for all mankind. What will you do, oh lord of lords?"
Furman: "I think I'll go and shove an egg around town with my nose."
Mystic Guru (a tad disappointed): "Hmmm. It's certainly an option."
No, I may not pull through this operation and so I feel it is my duty to fuck Furman off to somewhere he can balance an egg on the end of his knob for the rest of his days and not get on the tits of right thinking people. It's off to Grantham, chummy!
SURGICAL STOP PRESS: They have just phoned to say "Stand down, Pither, we'll try again tomorrow". Great days!

2 comments:

The Mistress said...

I'll only be impressed if he can balance the egg on end on the end of his knob during the vernal equinox.

Barry Lawrence said...

MJ,

Sadly, I suspect he'll be able to do it through any late night documentary programme.

WEDNESDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2007

SHORTS DON'T MATTER! 1. From the greatest programme ever made about association football, Barnstoneworth United FC manager Mr Dainty delivers one of the finest English soliloqiues of all time.......and afterwards, spare a thought for the club steward's wife Vera (YOU ONLY HAVE TO WATCH HALF OF THE CLIP!!).

Monday, 12 November 2007

Not everyone who agonises over their life is a painter. Some of us agonise because we're NOT painters.

....And On the Subject of Great Public Services

I know most of you have heard this marvellous song by those doctors who are the Amateur Transplants......but I think the video is a nice addition. P.S. If there are kids in the room I'd shuffle them out before hitting play.

...There's More

On the subject of those great doctors, here is their version of More Than Words which presents their challenging views on women outside Watford. The very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither, coming from Cumbria, is a huge fan. Again, get those kids out of the room!

Leave Britney Alone, Ok!!!

Oh...........my............God!!!!! My heartfelt thanks go to BGT for this. I won't say much more, I don't need to. Mr Loony of Loonytown, USA (I think it's a bloke, anyway), says it all. I fear he may be wound too tight for.....well.....well for everywhere, really!

Tuesday, 18 September 2007.

I wish I'd sung this! For non-Americans, and with apologies to all the smart arses out there who already knew, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission and it monitors TV and radio output in the States - a sort of broadcast police - while the EPA is the Yanks' so-called Environmental Protection Agency, a body which does exactly the opposite of what it says on the can. (P.S. We went to the same school, you know? Eric and me, that is, not George, Martha, Dick and Condoleeza and me. I don't think they went to school.) P.P.S. Please see below if you are I Like The View, Malc or Doris.

To Make You Laugh and Cry

I was listening to this on a Sunday, the very-soon-to-be ex-Mrs Pither is a Catholic, Tom Lehrer is one of my all-time heroes and this is one of his best.............no other reasons. On a more sombre note (and with thanks to Fish for coming up with this Woman's-Own-passes-the-time-in-the-dentist's-waiting-room nonsense), why not get a computer to tell you that you are a waste of space and your life is a sham of a mockery of a farce? Ok, it's from one of those poxy dating sites but...go on, take the test. You ain't got much to beat!!
This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 4.2
Mind: 4.1
Body: 2.7
Spirit: 8
Friends/Family: 1.6
Love: 0
Finance: 5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz
Apparently, in my case, "computer say 'no!'"

I First Saw This When I Was Little - And Loved It! I Hope That Explains a Few Things

Fuck, Fuckety, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

It has been pointed out to me that, particularly for one whose profession is supposedly literary, my language is getting worse. My use of the "F" word is, I am told, far too prevalent and hence loses impact. To those who share this view I suggest you watch the following:

Tony Blair Isn't a Burglar - But If He Was.........

In the spirit of Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, I feel like raising a smile today. The Big Green Thing alerted me to this and, for no other reason than to raise a smile on an otherwise crap Wednesday, I think it has to be shared. Grantham shall not have him - when he gets out of prison.

Life On The Edge - No Net.

I was wrong when I feared it might be a dull weekend, what with my pals being away, my soon-to-be ex-wife in rehab and only the dogs to play with. How wrong can a man be? This much fun must surely be illegal? Just click to see the japes and hoots I am having! Click again to see how things got REALLy exciting! Tomorrow we're going to chase pigeons.

The Good Old U.S. of A. - Guardians of Freedom and Democracy. Nothing to Be Scared of, Then?

Be honest........

IT'S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK! JUST SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "FULL QUIZ".